Important Information for the Spring Retreat
To see the full schedule of activities online CLICK HERE. If link doesn’t work, copy this into browser:[https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGbj1dE64V5cy0tMWhWRjV0bzA/edit?usp=sharing]
To see the workshop descriptions and presenter bios CLICK HERE
MASSAGE & SPIRITUAL ADVISOR APPOINTMENT BOOKING
Massage and Spiritual Advisor appointments can be booked in advance online. There are two masseuses and two spiritual advisors with a total of 46 massage sessions and 10 spiritual advisor appointments, respectively. We are trying advanced booking in order to make the very best use of their time.
To see Appointment Booking Schedule and Fee Info CLICK HERE(or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGbj1dE64V5dFVLV0pvTjhSN3g3OG9UVGRIRktOc3c&usp=sharing). You can sign up right on this Google document by adding your name in the time slot desired. This document lives “in the cloud” and any change made to it is automatically saved. Whenever you open it, you will see what time slots remain. Any slots not filled in advance will be open for booking in person at the Retreat at the Welcome Table.
Massage appointments are available starting 3pm Fri — start your weekend early!
See the Retreat page for essential info about:
– what to bring
– Koinonia Center amenities and location
– driving directions from Twin Cities
Here are some recommended items to bring for certain workshops in 2014:
- Nature Walk – sturdy walking shoes or boots, long pants, hat, binoculars, rain gear (weather appropriate gear for this time of year)
- What Are You Reading? – book recommendations.
- Knitting workshop – please bring size 7 or 8 needles and worsted weight yarn (some yarn will be provided) or bring your current project or swatches and needles to practice techniques.
- Astronomy – astronomy app on smart phone/tablet if you have one.
- Legacy Letter – journal or notebook & pen.
- Vision Board – Bring any quotes or pictures that you would love to look at daily. Bring colorful magazines, scissors.
- Yoga – yoga mat.
- Meditation – if you want to sit on the floor during meditation, bring a yoga mat or blanket and pillow from your room.
NEW THIS YEAR:
- To save resources we are not giving out folders or bags to retreat participants. If you want to carry the handouts or other stuff around with you be sure to bring your own tote bag! Also, bring a pen or pencil if you like to take notes during workshops or presentations.
JUST LIKE LAST YEAR:
- We ask each guest to bring their own shawl or scarf, plus one to lend!
- There will be no candle-lit night-time labyrinth again this year. Two day-time slots and one night slot for self-led groups have been scheduled. If you wish a night-time walk (which is very cool), we recommend bringing a strong flashlight, as it is very dark! The stars are amazing from that field, too.
- There are no set times for Bonfire and Sauna. These must be lit and managed on your own; please feel free to ask about it!
Per usual, you will find out your assigned room and room-mate(s) when you pick up your Welcome Packet at Koinonia Center. For those of you who requested a specific room-mate or a particular need, every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your request.