Each year on Good Friday, the Planned Parenthood clinic is picketed by hundreds of people who do not believe that a woman should be able to make her own personal health care decisions. In response, hundreds attend the Solidarity Rally at Planned Parenthood to stand against the distorted religious messages of shame and guilt that are heaped upon women for their very sexuality.
Please join these supporters — including UUs from around the state — as we lift our voices for reproductive justice because of our faith, not in spite of it!
If you’ve ever been to the Rally, you’ll know that the atmosphere is upbeat and non-confrontational. There’ll be speakers, musicians and songs, and even a food truck. Bring your friends, neighbors and the kids!
AUW is again sponsoring a FREE bus to the Rally from First Universalist Church. Or, feel free to go on your own*. Our group will attend the rally for 2 hours. The Bus will depart the 1st U parking lot at 9.30am and arrive back there at 12.45pm (total time 3.25 hours).
Sign up for the Bus Ride at the AUW table in the Social Hall on Sundays or sign up directly online . On April 18th, in the 1st U parking lot, please check in with Tracy Yue. If you have further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MN Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice (MNRCRC) is holding two interfaith worship services at 11:30am and 1:30pm, which will feature speakers & singers of various faith traditions.
- The Rally itself takes place from 9am to 3pm.
- You must be able to walk & stand for 2 hours straight. Wear comfy shoes!
- Dress warmly, as this is entirely outdoors, rain, sleet or shine. [if you’re freezing, you will be able to warm up inside the PP building.]
- Bring cash/card for PP tee-shirts and pledging a protestor, and food truck.
- You can use PP’s pink placards or bring your own.
* If you wish to attend on your own, be aware that street parking is very limited, so public transport & biking is encouraged. The Planned Parenthood Clinic is located at 671 Vandalia St, St Paul (Vandalia & University Ave.) The #50 bus stops right on the corner.